Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Pink Snowballs 2012 - Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab

Honestly, it's late at night, I've had a few wines, and I can't be arsed getting up and taking a picture - here's a Google image of 'pink snowballs'. 

Details: 
Pink Snowballs
Yule 2012
Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab

Notes: 
A lighthearted winter scent: chilly vanilla rose snowballs! Dainty, soft, and certainly unfit for flinging!

In the vial this is vanilla with a chilly, sort of mint note. Wet on skin the rose comes out as well, and it’s a bright, cold girly scent. I’d say this is quite young – I could see Noodles pulling this off nicely. The rose goes powdery fairly quickly and stays that way for quite a while, but it mellows nicely eventually with a lovely musk note. The sillage is fairly low but it has really good longevity – I could still smell it on my wrist at the end of the work day. 

Rating: 
2/5 I think I’ll put this one away and age it for a while. I like the opening quite a bit, but I’m not keen on the powdery dry down bit in the middle before it finally goes to a musky rose. BPALs generally age well, so hopefully it will improve if it’s tucked away for a few months.

Day  50!

5 comments:

  1. I never cease to be amazed by how our tastes in perfume clash! I would so hate this! ;) Everything but the vanilla at least!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, well at least there are plenty out there for both of us!

      Delete
  2. Your first sentence was so awesome, haha. I know how that feels to not want to do a product photo. Sometimes google just sounds so much more inviting and simple, haha! Vanilla and rose, sounds very lighthearted for bpal! Hopefully it will age well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woah, that was way too many haha's in one paragraph! Sorry <3

      Delete
    2. Yes, I was feeling super lazy. ;-)

      Delete