Saturday, March 2, 2013

Cabaret - Black Baccara



Details: 
Cabaret
Black Baccara

Notes: 
Inspired by the romance and decadence of the cabaret. A sexy, feminine scent blending the aroma of vintage perfumes with rich merlot and the faintest hint of cigar smoke tempered with sandalwood. This perfume encapsulates the essence of an old time piano bar or cabaret theatre; decadent ladies and gentlemen, wisps of smoke and libations, and hints of romance on the horizon.

In the vial I smell red wine. On the skin it's wine and smoke, with something woody in the background. The first part of the dry down goes weirdly fly spray-ish - it's quite strange. Thankfully, that doesn't last too long - eventually the sandalwood comes out and it's just a warm, comforting base with a bit of woodiness. I like this quite a bit outside the fly spray phase, but probably not a full bottle.

Rating: 
3/5

Day 61!

9 comments:

  1. This sounds very nice! I love smoky scents and my experiences with wine notes are only positive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The smoke is not too over the top either - just a whiff, rather than being overwhelmed by it.

      Delete
  2. I'm with Nadja, I can see myself really enjoying this one! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't really love tobacco scents unless they are heavily foodie. I gave this sample away to my sister. I have only really loved two of Black Baccara's perfumes out of the 40 or so I have tried, but the two I love I REALLY DO love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which two? You make me curious! :)

      Delete
    2. I love them but they often don't love me - I find a lot of the time they smell better in the bottle or on someone else than they do on me.

      Delete
  4. Wine scents can go either way on my skin. Sometimes they have a vinegar note which I can't stand. I haven't tried Black Baccara yet but I am curious about their scents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've like a few of the Black Baccara scents but because they use grapeseed oil I'm not going to buy any full sizes - I'd never get through them before they went off. :-/

      Delete