Monday, May 27, 2013

Vanilla Pipe Tobacco - Solstice Scents



Details: 
Vanilla Pipe Tobacco
Dark Spring 2013
Solstice Scents

Notes:
Vanilla Absolute, Tobacco Absolute, Tonka Bean Absolute and Sweet Clover Absolute.

For the longest time this perfume smelled like nothing but pipe tobacco. My grandpa - who died about 30 years ago - smoked a pipe, and this is the exact smell I always associate with him. It's funny how there's something I find comforting and warming about pipe tobacco smell, but if someone was standing next to me with a cigarette I'd be giving them stink eye.

After about an hour I could finally smell the other notes - well, not really specifically, it just morphed into a warmer, sweeter pipe tobacco. I wouldn't wear this as a perfume - I don't want to smell like I smoke a pipe - but I really like it a lot. Sillage was medium, longevity also medium - about 6 hours before it was too faint to really pick up.

Rating: 
4/5

Day 145!


5 comments:

  1. This sounds like something for me! I love tobacco notes even if they don't love me (or my skin)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too, though I tend not to wear them often as I just smell like I've been smoking.

      Delete
  2. I loved this one (so much more so than the first incarnation.) On my full size wish list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't smelled the first version, but I definitely enjoy this one.

      Delete
  3. I had the first version and while I love all SS, I cannot really wear pipe tobaccco scents well. I try and after a few hours they go off and odd on me. I may have to try this new version though. It sounds sweeter.

    ReplyDelete