Sunday, June 2, 2013

Troika - Haus of Gloi

Details: 
Troika
Haus of Gloi

Notes: 
A trinity of soft milks, almond, oat and coconut, lashed with sweet agave nectar and the ethereal scent of clean white.

Troika is my favourite Haus of Gloi scent and I haven't worn it in forever, so I hauled it out on a whim. In the bottle the almond is the dominating note, which did not bode well for me the first time I smelled it, because I really dislike marzipan and other almond-related whatnots. However, that note softens dramatically when applied and on me at least disappears almost entirely once it dries down. The result is a creamy, milky, sweet gourmand scent, comforting and warm.It's a 'snuggle' perfume for sure. Sillage and longevity are medium, but I have a tendency to slather this one in every available spot so it does hang around for a while on me. It's just beautiful.

Rating:
5/5

Day 150!

4 comments:

  1. I've become vary of milk notes... Lately I have had two milky scents turn into vomit on my skin. O_o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm okay with milk, but I find sometimes certain cream notes can be really rancid on me.

      Delete
  2. mmmm, going to have to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a wee bit on the Almond Milk side (but deeper and more almondy in the opening) - you may not like it.

      Delete